The first phase of the Minnehaha Avenue street furniture — for locations between 38th and 46th streets — will be installed in early spring 2016. Dero will be fabricating the new Minnehaha Avenue bike racks early next year – and they’ve developed a great 3-D image of what they will look like. The County also plans to put out a bid for the planters and benches in December.
Next spring, Minnehaha Avenue businesses will be getting new bike racks in conjunction with the reconstruction of Minnehaha Avenue. These two bike rack designs were selected from almost 50 designs that were submitted in a Longfellow Community Council organized bike-rack design contest. The new racks will be funded through the Minnehaha-Hiawatha Community Works program and the City of Minneapolis bike cost share program.
Experience Minnehaha Avenue on October 24, 2015
A day and night of fun to support our local businesses. Bring your friends, family and neighbors! Celebrate the half-way mark for rebuilding Minnehaha Avenue!
12 to 5 p.m. The Great Golden Pumpkin Search
Embark on a quest to find the Golden Pumpkin at 16 shops along Minnehaha Avenue and join in special activities along the way. Pumpkin-finders will be eligible for great prizes!
Where? 16 businesses along Minnehaha between Lake Street and Minnehaha Park – Grab a “pumpkin search” card at participating locations – Details to come.
5 to 10 p.m. Minne-Mile Nightmarket and fall festival
Food trucks, artisan booths, beer, movies, and local vendors selling green, upcycled, ecological merchandise! Plus a ton of family fun with jugglers, bubble contraptions, a mini-arcade, bouncy house, and more (5 to 7 pm). Live music from Liz Wilkinson & Andrew Scheiber, Dan Israel, and Jake Allen.
Where? Adams Triangle, 41st St. & Minnehaha Ave. / Time Bomb Vintage, 4008 Minnehaha Ave.
More info – Facebook.com/ExperienceMinnehaha
Our schedule for August 22nd’s activities:
Turquoise Vintage / 3456 Minnehaha Ave
- 1PM to 4PM: LoLA Pop-Up Shop – Emily Richardson, vintage beads and gemstone patterns
- 1PM to 4PM: LoLA Pop-Up Shop – Laura Burlis, found object assemblages
Paris Antiques / 3721 Minnehaha Ave
- 1 PM to 4 PM: LoLA Pop-Up Shop – Cherie Burke, jewelry, mosaics, collages
The Fix Studio / 3725 Minnehaha Ave
- 1 PM to 2 PM: Tapestry International Folkdancers / Tapestry Folkdance Center
- 2 PM to 4 PM: Jawaahir Middle Eastern Dance and Instruction
Selam Coffee / 3860 Minnehaha Ave
- 12 noon to 2 PM: House of Dance Twin Cities — breakdancing performance and instruction
- 2 PM to 4 PM: Taja Will, assisted by Kathleen Pender – Site Specific Improvisation / Contact Improvisation
Sosa Foods / 3909 Minnehaha Ave
- 12 noon to 2 PM: In New Company – hip-hop dance and instruction
E’s Emporium / 3911 Minnehaha Ave
- 1 PM to 4 PM: LoLA Pop-Up Shop – Ella Ritzman, hats and furnishings with vintage fabrics
- 1 PM to 4 PM: LoLA Pop-Up Shop – Dan Goddard, wheel thrown, hand built ceramics
Time Bomb Vintage / 4008 Minnehaha Ave
- 1 PM to 4 PM: LoLA Pop-Up Shop – Lisa Petersson, functional and curious home furnishings
Natural Built Home / 4020 Minnehaha Ave
- 1 PM to 4 PM: LoLA Pop-Up Shop – Sally Lieberman, household textile goods
- 1 PM to 4 PM: LoLA Pop-Up Shop – Megan Moore, cards, cardboard and gesso paintings
Junket: Tossed & Found / 4049 Minnehaha Ave
- 1 PM to 4 PM: LoLA Pop-Up Shop – Meg Erke, journals, block prints
- 1 PM to 4 PM: LoLA Pop-Up Shop – Dave Holliday, bicycle taxidermy
Adams Triangle / 4100 Minnehaha Ave
- 12 noon to 2 PM: Duniya Drum & Dance – mini-African dance class with live drumming
- 2 PM to 3 PM: Center for Moving Cultures – Lelis Brito
- 12 noon to 4 PM: SparkIt “pop-up park”
- 12 noon to 4 PM: Parkway Pizza food truck
- 12 noon to 4 PM: table tennis, games, and more!
Ballare Teatro / 4259 Minnehaha Ave
- 10 AM to 2 PM: Open house / Christopher Watson Dance Co. rehearsal
Join your neighbors for a series of fun, FREE, all-ages events along Minnehaha Avenue on Saturday, August 22 from noon to 4 pm! Enjoy dance performances and learn some new steps — from hip hop to break-dancing to Middle Eastern and drum performances. Performances/instruction will be outside along Minnehaha Avenue at the Fix Studio, Selam Coffee, Sosa Foods, and Adams Triangle.
Bike, walk, bus, (or drive) over to Minnehaha for music, dance/lessons, art, food, table tennis, bubbles – and a chance to support your local Minnehaha
Avenue businesses! More information on Experience Minnehaha Avenue activities can be found on the project Facebook page.